Thursday, September 1, 2022

Why Are Some PC Software So Ridiculously Expensive ?

I thought it could be interesting to get reason why F360. SW users don't use FreeCAD instead. Results can still be seen from these studies that have been run in the past. All previous Generative Design outcomes can be viewed, but the results are unable to be exported. Removing rapid moves means that all toolpaths will use High Feed, where the maximum feedrate for linking moves is the cut feedrate. The ability to decrease the feedrate of linking moves exists if it's needed but the ability to raise the high feed value above the cut feedrate is removed.


But I don't have a timer in the upper corner. It looks and cats like it is already activated, even though I downloaded and installed the trial version. Its a 1 year trial, but you can reapply every year. I thought they stepped back on eliminating .step export for the free version.


Just playing around with the software is really the best way to learn. Fusion's ability to go back and change an earlier step and have it flow through the rest of the design is killer for me. I'm working usually from a concept in my head, so when I need to autodesk civil 3d 2021 object enabler 2021 tax changes go change a sketch in step 5 when I'm on step 50, this saves a ton of rework. I'm pretty sure I would have had to start over from scratch in other apps. I have no idea if TinkerCad supports that kind capability. If it doesn't, I'd say stick at it w/Fusion.


There's also Blender, which is great for modeling, but you can run into issues and limitations with solid models and functional parts. The license changes don’t seem to affect the vast majority of straightforward hobbiest needs. Just because a company charges money for software doesn’t make it bad.


0 comments:

Post a Comment