Sunday, January 29, 2023

Why You Need To Be Cautious Buying That Is Fusion 360 Free Reddit

The Forbidden Truth About Is Fusion 360 Free Reddit Revealed By An Old ProfessionalAsk questions about CAD software, drawing standards or just show off your latest project. My license expired and I could not find a way to get to my projects. This is exactly what I was looking for since I only use it for my personal use.


Fusions cloud storage is simple and easy to navigate and use, fusion does allow offline use if you know ahead of time that you will need it offline and set that up. I find meshmixer is useful for making small tweaks to other designs from thingiverse or wherever . Pretty much everything all the other commenters said is spot on. I'm adding my feedback because I came into fusion with professional experience in creo, inventor, and solidworks. Light users might still be better with Fusion compared to I'm guessing a shared code base with MX. I initially started with FreeCAD. Was completely overwhelmed. I feel like , with what I know I can transition to one of the other free tools. I'm not aware of any "free" version of commercial software that has recovered from being crippled, certainly not to this extent.


Fusion 360 is pretty cool, and is still free for personal use. Its features are now somewhat restricted, but are still adequate for hobbyist use. You have to re-license it for personal use every year, and Autodesk don't make that entirely straightforward.


The program is uncluttered, making it suitable for hobbyists, and beginners. Nevertheless, users have a rich feature set at their disposal. It has a familiar interface, powerful drafting and design tools, native DWG compatibility, and an open API.


Subscription includes AutoCAD, specialized toolsets, and apps. Last I looked into it Onshape was pretty damn good, free, and parametric. We have never made a cent from our designs, and we have to pay for those parts we can’t manufacture on our own equipment or at the local maker-space. I just use save as for making parts that are similar but have minor differences. It’s nice to have the fusion file saved for each if I need to change one after I’ve printed. I still have a hobbyist license that I just renewed 5 min ago.


Moreover, when did Fusion 360 stop being free? The cost is because this software is very complex, difficult to develop and maintain, while the customer base is relatively small (not a mass-market/consumer-grade product). If you use AutoCAD for your job, then the employer pays the license fee. For software like AutoCAD, that’s probably 95% of their licenses. Someone in another thread said their are addons that give .step export functionality but I assume that Autodesk will kill that too... I use both depending on what I need. The complexity of the model. Downsized from my company, so I lost SW and started learning Fusion with the plan of doing freelance, because I could afford and justify the annual cost. Free, very similar workflow to fusion, works locally . Has some limitations and seems to be no longer updated (only the paid version - SpaceClaim is), but hey - it's actually free alternative. As an advanced hobby user, who has access to commercial equipment it's a terrific value free or paid. The user interface is well done, with CV splines you can closely approximate G3 surfaces if you need them.


Seems like an unnecessary inconvenience, especially if even as "just a hobbyist" you're making something complex with multiple assemblies. If you have an assembly with referenced designs in it, the assembly and each reference will count as 1 document each. Assemblies can reference active. Inactive documents.


Basically it looks to me like they want to know all about their user base and upgrade as many as they can and that is driving the way they make you nervous at renewal time. They had to revamp their licensing system, and you are late in the 1 year cycle to renew IINM . They need to set you up in another a

0 comments:

Post a Comment