Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Security Difficulties With Is Fusion 360 Still Free For Personal Use

What Everyone Should Be Aware Of About Is Fusion 360 Still Free For Personal Use@BrightBlueJim it won’t make any difference to any other piece of software. It is a one time download that does not require any activation. If they stop offering free updates I can just install my old version in future on all my devices as long as I have access to the required hardware and software. This doesn’t make it worse than any open source project that might end up abandoned in a few years. FWIW I have used Protel a lot, but it’s a very old version I purchased more than 20 years ago. Their upgrade was too expensive for limited requirements - work wise would be cheaper to pay someone to lay out the pcb than buy the software. For my next pcb I decided to make the move to KiCad and I’m glad I did. Some things are slower, some are faster, some are more difficult and some easier. Big advantage is it uses ascii text files so when I wanted to change something globally I could edit/change with Notepad++ easily. I was a free tier Sketchup master, but always wanted something that wasn’t quite so limited. When it went web only I thought Fusion 360 might be the go, but the online storage model and clunky interface has kept me from getting into it. So, disappointing news, but maybe saves me from investing my time into learning a tool I won’t continue with. As a corporate user of stuff like Inventor and SolidWorks and MasterCAM, the $ has to be there to justify the added features and support team that comes with that. After using Inventor for the last 5 years I’ve come to realize how horrible SketchUp is. I still can’t believe so many people use it for such BIG designs. $500/yr for fusion 350 with no discount….sorry thats a steal. Youll either move to some free hobby cad….or youll pirate their software. Thats why EVERYONES moving to software as service subscription models. The costs to add new features and fix bugs etc should be paid for by the previous versions purchase and the profits from techsupport for the commercial clients. Which then puts the onus on the developer to make the next version full of useful features. Serious quality of life improvements so I WANT the new version enough to pay for it. You are paying over. Over for a constantly evolving product. I don’t like it either but as a software developer I do recognize that it takes time/money to add new features. Autodesk is not being an unusually heartless business; they’re just being a BUSINESS. Looking for a β€œnicer” company only delays the inevitable, and makes the maker community a band of nomads, looking for the next watering hole. It’s time for non-commercial users of software to choose, nurture, and develop non-commercial software. JUST GET OVER looking for the $5000 package you can use for free. It’s just a shame there isn’t an hourly rate for access to the extra features for hobbyists. You can currently save your Fusion 360 design locally as an .f3d file, and delete the cloud copy if you want to. And you can export it into many generic CAD formats that are easy to use in every other tool (.step or .iges, .stl…). If you’re going to be working on mechanical design, FreeCAD is the better option, as it has more tools oriented towards parametric modeling. The back and forth between sketch and 3D model is smoother in FreeCAD than in Fusion 360. For students and educators, it’s completely free for a limited period. Fusion 360 is also available for free for non-commercial uses for up to a year, which is especially popular amongst beginners and hobbyists. The Personal Fusion 360 Use License is still a very powerful 3D design software that allows the hobbyist to create parts for 3D printing, laser cutting, machining, and other fabrication methods. The cloud-based 3D modeling software Leopoly is characterized by its uncomplicated usability and various mode

0 comments:

Post a Comment