Thursday, June 29, 2023

Now If There Are Revit Links

Effective Techniques For How To Export From Autocad To Revit Import Fbx To 3ds That You Could Use Beginning TodayThis is only when I know that the revit file does not have any other revit links. Now if there are revit links, or I’m not too sure, my fool-proof method is fbx. The downside of course is with a large and bloated file. Also note that in the fbx format revit families are still instances. As soon as they come into 3dsmax world, every mullion, furniture, toilet stall is a copy, which makes files huge. To combat this I have a maxscript that finds identical geometry. Converts them from copies to instances. With this script, I successfully got a 1.4GB max file down to 150MB. If anyone has other experiences or solutions feel free to share. Revit supports the import of ACIS objects contained in DWG, DXF, DGN, and SAT files. You can incorporate a Trimble® SketchUp® design into a Revit project to provide a starting point for the building model. You can import 3D geometry from supported file formats and applications. I typically delete this folder, as I use my own material library.


0 comments:

Post a Comment