Sunday, July 31, 2022

Tried Them All With No Success

Best 3d Mouse For Fusion 360 Autodesk Student Autocad 2017 : The Best Convenience!I’ve done a few 3D designs in the past few months for personal 3d printing - a box and a couple of brackets/stands. It’s not worth paying a cent for this privilege. Just like democracy- FOSS depends on participation of people to work. You’re welcome for all the thought I put into suggestions for your product. As a hobbyist though I just can’t afford to pay hundreds of bucks a year for a subscription. I’ve been using Inventor for 5 years at work now. We tried to switch to Fusion as we use it for CAM for our lathe. I can’t stand fusion compared to Inventor for medling.


Pushing down on the scroll wheel to pan is too hard to push all the time, esp with carpal tunnel. You manipulate the model with the 3D mouse to zoom in and out, to turn the models around and to spin the models. However you also need a good mouse for the right hand to issue commands like turn the model to wireframe to be able to see the inside of the model. You also need to issue commands with the preprogrammed buttons on the mouse to perform various other actions. I have used almost all of the Logitech mice over the 20 years I have been designing in AutoCAD 2D the only Logitech mouse that stood out before I switched to a Roccat Leadr was The G700s. I’m only using 3 profiles at the moment. That has almost all of the CAD commands I use. This mouse is part of this list for one exclusive reason, it’s 20 programmable buttons. When comparing it with its closest rival Razer Naga, we found it wins clearly because of its design alone. I got fusion and used it a little but then deleted it. Alibre has a simplified 3D cad program for $200. A pro version is available if you ever need it which has sheet metal and other things for $2K. Cost me maybe $79. I’m still using it after 15 years. Have read suggestions on line. Tried them all with no success. I am back using a $10 mouse from a β€œjunk” shop. I have had the panning issue with other expensive β€œMice” before so I just revert to the cheapies that work out of the box. I am using Autocad 2011 on a Windows 7 laptop, which I take to site at times, so the working on any surface is great.


You can only run one tool through the post processor at a time. It sucks, but really if you are leveraging those features then you should be trying to make money with that talent anyways. - multi sheet drawings are not very likely used that often at home. Though having DXF out can have legit home use. The annual commercial license is only $80 Canadian a month as I write this, that’s hobby money for many of us. If you are using it commercially and your company can’t afford this, your company is not long for this world. I’m going to get blasted for this, but most of the functionality they are removing I was surprised to see in a β€œpersonal” edition. Remember, you’re not supposed to make money off of personal use licences. Well, I still use Eagle 6.6.0 - works perfectly. Didn’t actually see very big improvements in changelog since then. Oh, and formats are still compatible to new ones. But I don’t know enough about the internals of Mach or bCNC to know how much preprocessing Mach does to the G-code, nor what the intermediate stage in bCNC does. As a user, I am intensely annoyed by these changes. They exist only to limit me in peripheral ways. None of these changes accomplish anything more than putting me into an anti-Autodesk camp. Only fools and idiots rely on the goodwill of a corporation to create. The second they can make money off your trust- they will. This is why FOSS needs to exist and proliferate. I bought Eagle from CADSoft, was very ticked off when Autodesk bought them, that was only ever going to go one way. At least OSHPark still takes my older Eagle files direct. I'm sure there are a lot of us

0 comments:

Post a Comment